Atlanta Georgia Truck Accident Attorney
As you travel Atlanta, Georgia’s major interstates and roadways, you will usually be sharing these roads with many large trucks. Often referred to as tractor trailers, eighteen wheelers, or semi-trucks, these vehicles weigh a great deal more than cars. In a collision between a car and a tractor trailer, the resulting injuries are usually catastrophic and/or fatal.
If you or a family member has been injured in an Alpharetta, Georgia or Marietta, Georgia truck accident it is important to seek the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our law firm represents truck accident victims and surviving family members throughout the entire state of Georgia. Truck accidents can be very complex. Our Atlanta lawyers’ experiences with these difficult, hard-fought cases have made us a trusted law firm for referrals from other attorneys and medical providers. To maximize the results in each trucking accident case that we handle, or lawyers work in conjunction with accident reconstruction experts and highway safety experts and many other necessary professionals in order to present a clear picture to a jury of the exact details of each accident.
There are many different reasons and types of negligence that lead to a trucking accident, including:
- Improper loads or loads exceeding the correct weight limit
- Mechanical failure or improperly maintained trucks
- Ignoring federal and state highway regulations that impose mandatory rest periods – resulting in tired truck drivers
- Reckless driving and exceeding the speed limit
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Road defects
- Failure to maintain lane
Conduct an Immediate Truck Accident Investigation
Within minutes of a truck accident, you can be assured that the defense team for the trucking company will start an investigation, with their accident reconstruction team, accident investigators, defense lawyers for the personal injury case and insurance adjustors. The job of this defense team is to limit your recovery for the damages that you suffered in the eighteen wheeler or other type of trucking accident. It is important that you contact our experience Georgia truck accident lawyers immediately after an accident involving a truck and a car. We will put our own team into play and will immediately begin our own investigation with our own trucking experts so that we can obtain the compensation that you deserve for your injury. There are many trucking accidents in the Alpharetta area over that last decade and many of these accidents have resulted in injuries to Alpharetta residents and other drivers utilizing the roads in the city. Victims of truck accidents are usually transported by ambulance, such as Metro Atlanta Ambulance to hospital emergency rooms, such as Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, North Fulton Hospital in Alpharetta, Dekalb Medical Center and Emory Hospital in Decatur, or Northside Hospital, Piedmont Hospital, and Grady Hospital in Atlanta.
Parties That May Be Liable
- The Trucking Company Owner – The owner of the truck, whether it be a company or an individual is under a duty to inspect the truck for safety and to maintain the equipment in proper order.
- The Truck Leasing Company or Individual – Even if the driver of the truck is not the owner, and may have leased the vehicle for a particular load or haul, there is also a duty to inspect and maintain the vehicle.
- Loaders – The personnel responsible for loading the truck for the haul has a duty to properly load the vehicle to ensure that the load does not shift and is properly balanced.
- Manufacturers – The truck and parts manufacturers have a duty to the public to inspect for defective parts and for assembly of a safe vehicle.
Trucking accidents usually result in injuries in which the injured party must seek the medical attention of numerous medical personnel, such as an orthopedist, neurologist, chiropractor, physical therapy, and most likely a qualified surgeon. There are many of these qualified medical personnel in the Marietta, Georgia area who are experienced in treating victims of trucking accidents.
Contact our office today to speak with one of our trucking accident attorneys for a free of charge consultation.